First, you must remember that preschool education is
the foundation for your child's education.
Skills and knowledge
The skills and knowledge (not to mention aptitude and attitude) that your child develops in the preschool years will have a dramatic impact on your child's success when formal schooling begins as well as life success.
Today we expect children to know more by the time they start kindergarten. While previous generations learned basics like color identification and the alphabet in school, today's children are expected to possess these basic skills by the time they start kindergarten.
Another reason to care about your child's preschool education is that by
- Actively promoting and encouraging your child's preschool learning.
- You will promote his or her self esteem as well.
- Help your child gain confidence by making learning fun and easy at this age.
- You will help make your child an eager lifelong learner.
Importance of PreSchool
Finally, preschool education is important because
- It can give your child the edge in a competitive world and education climate.
- While children who do not receive the fundamentals during their preschool years will be taught the alphabet, counting, shapes and colors when they begin their formal education.
- They will be behind the children who already possess that knowledge and skill set.
- Do you want your child to be at the head of the class or lagging behind?