Children make huge developmental strides between birth and age five, cognitively, socially, and physically. Quality education provided during these early years results in long-lasting, beneficial effects on children’s overall development
Our preschool and afterschool programmes are developed by Sesame Workshop, one of the largest non-profit informal educational organizations in the world. Sesame Workshop, produces the globally acclaimed children’s educational show Sesame Street in the United States and works with local partners around the world to create culture-specific educational programme. Present in more than 150 countries, the Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help all children reach their highest potential. More than 1,000 studies3 show that Sesame Street reaches children across countries, cultures and demographic groups, and that preschoolers who watch it do significantly better on a whole range of cognitive outcomes —than those who don’t.
- Our research. Sesame’s in-school learning and teaching programmes are fuelled by thousands of hours of globally-acclaimed child-tested Sesame Street educational material. These materials are thoroughly analysed for educational efficacy and for their capability to engage children, a proven way to ensure that lessons stick.
- Our curriculum brings together best practices from around the world, our programmes build 21st century skills of imagination, critical thinking, communication and collaboration to help children become global citizens.
- Our commitment to individualized learning. Children’s educational needs can vary widely. At Sesame Street Preschool we train our educators to utilise a vast array of resources that span from workbooks, games, audio visual to digital materials, to ensure each child gets the lessons and materials they need to learn.
- Our efforts to extend the learning continuum to the home. Research and experience shows that parental involvement is a key component to helping children learn better. Through our television shows, our online tools and our supplemental materials that we offer parents, innovative ideas for ways to include learning in their children’s everyday lives.
- Our strong emphasis on child protection, safety and well-being. Stringent health and safety standards, positive role modelling, inclusion, and mutual respect and understanding are fundamental practices found at every Sesame Street Preschool.
- Finally, the not-so-secret ingredient of Sesame’s success—our commitment to engagement. For 44 years, we’ve pioneered ingenious ways to enliven children’s learning. Using laughter, friendship and age-appropriate storytelling, our Muppets demonstrate difficult concepts in ways that are easy to grasp—and totally irresistible to kids. Muppet-driven media helps educators to inject more fun (to guide ‘aha’ moments) into their classrooms.